Sat 11 & Sun 12 Aug / Introduction to Jewellery Making Intensive
or make 4 interest-free payments of $173.75 AUD fortnightly with More info
This course is for those interested in learning basic jewellery making skills.
You will be introduced to key jewellery design concepts and the techniques for working in metal including piercing, sawing, filing, drilling, annealing, soldering, hammer and stamp texturing, bezel setting and polishing/finishing techniques.
You will also learn how to use all of the tools in our well equipped studio including a rolling mill.
You will walk away from this weekend course with a hand forged / metal stamped copper piece and a sterling silver ring set with a cabochon gemstone.
- Safety in the workshop
- Using studio tools (bench shears, rolling mill, hand tools, dapping & doming blocks etc)
- Using a jewellers saw & file
- Shaping metal using hammers, pliers and hands
- Texturing metal using hammers, stamps & punches
- Introduction to the hand held mini torches / Smith torch demonstration
- Soldering and appropriate solder choice
- Selecting your cabochon & creating a bezel
- Shaping up a bezel & soldering it ready for next week’s lesson
- Ring sizing (jewellery math)
- Shaping your ring
- Soldering your bezel to your backplate
- Soldering your ring to your backplate
- Setting your cabochon
- Polishing and finishing techniques
WHAT TO BRING
- Visual journal and pencil / any design ideas you may have
- A cabochon (we also have some available for purchase on the day)
- Please wear closed in shoes and have long hair tied back
- Please bring an apron or wear old clothes
- This class runs from 10am-3.30pm on both days.
- Tea, coffee, biscuits and sandwiches are provided
Sat 18 Aug / Flush Setting Masterclass
Flush Setting (also known as Gypsy Setting) is either the easiest or most difficult setting of all. As simple as it looks and as captivating as it appears, the flush setting is...
Golden Pyrite & Clear Quartz Pendant
This stunning, one of a kind golden pyrite and clear quartz pendant is set in sterling silver. Hand crafted with love.
Rose Quartz & Green Amethyst Pendant
This one of a kind pale pink rose quartz heart is paired with a green amethyst to create the ultimate in heart healing pendant. Set in sterling silver with a 9ct...
Cobalto Calcite & Green Amethyst Pendant
Pink cobalto calcite is the emotional healer’s stone, radiating with love and soft vibrations. Green Amethyst contains the healing benefits of a purple amethyst plus some additional traits. Both green and...