Sat 9 & Sun 10 Mar / Introduction to Jewellery Making Intensive
or make 4 interest-free payments of $181.25 AUD fortnightly with More info
This course is for those interested in learning basic jewellery making skills.
You will be introduced to key jewellery design concepts and the techniques for working in metal including piercing, sawing, filing, drilling, annealing, soldering, hammer and stamp texturing, bezel setting and polishing/finishing techniques.
You will also learn how to use all of the tools in our well equipped studio including a rolling mill.
You will walk away from this weekend course with a hand forged / metal stamped copper piece and a sterling silver ring set with a cabochon gemstone.
- Safety in the workshop
- Using studio tools (bench shears, rolling mill, hand tools, dapping & doming blocks etc)
- Using a jewellers saw & file
- Shaping metal using hammers, pliers and hands
- Texturing metal using hammers, stamps & punches
- Introduction to the hand held mini torches / Smith torch demonstration
- Soldering and appropriate solder choice
- Selecting your cabochon & creating a bezel
- Shaping up a bezel & soldering it ready for next week’s lesson
- Ring sizing (jewellery math)
- Shaping your ring
- Soldering your bezel to your backplate
- Soldering your ring to your backplate
- Setting your cabochon
- Polishing and finishing techniques
WHAT TO BRING
- Visual journal and pencil / any design ideas you may have
- A cabochon (we also have some available for purchase on the day)
- Please wear closed in shoes and have long hair tied back
- Please bring an apron or wear old clothes
- This class runs from 10am-3.30pm on both days.
- Tea, coffee, biscuits and sandwiches are provided
Wed 6 Mar / Boho Saddle Ring Workshop
In this two part evening workshop, we will etch and/or roll print silver sheet to use as the base of our saddle ring. We will create shots (or patterned balls)...
Sat 16 March / Gypsy Setting Masterclass
Matt Dwyer, one of Australia’s leading contemporary jewellers is coming to teach a Flush/Gypsy Setting Masterclass at our school! *This class is for intermediate students that are confident with unsupervised...
Sat 13 & Sun 14 April / Introduction to Jewellery Making Intensive
This course is for those interested in learning basic jewellery making skills. You will be introduced to key jewellery design concepts and the techniques for working in metal including piercing,...
We have gift vouchers available as a beautifully designed PDF that will be emailed directly to you. Vouchers can be redeemed for a jewellery workshop if you are on the Sunshine...