Sat 18 & Sun 19 Jan / Introduction to Jewellery Making (weekend intensive)
or make 4 interest-free payments of $198.75 AUD fortnightly with More info
This workshop is held over a full weekend. It has been developed for those interested in learning basic jewellery making skills.
You will be introduced to key jewellery design concepts and the techniques for working in metal including piercing, sawing, filing, drilling, annealing, soldering and polishing.
You will walk away from this weekend with a few finished pieces including a silver ring set with a cabochon gemstone as well as a good foundation for the understanding of the jewellery making process.
This workshop runs from 10am-3.30pm on both days.
- Safety in the workshop
- Using studio tools (bench shears, rolling mill, hand tools, dapping & doming blocks etc)
- Using a jewellers saw & file
- Shaping metal using hammers, pliers and hands
- Texturing metal using hammers, stamps & punches
- Introduction to the hand held mini torches / Smith torch demonstration
- Soldering and appropriate solder choice
- Selecting your cabochon & creating a bezel
- Shaping up a bezel & soldering it ready for next week’s lesson
- Ring sizing (jewellery math)
- Shaping your ring
- Soldering your bezel to your backplate
- Soldering your ring to your backplate
- Setting your cabochon
- Polishing and finishing techniques
WHAT TO BRING
- Visual journal and pencil / any design ideas you may have
- A cabochon (we also have some available for purchase on the day)
- Please wear closed in shoes and have long hair tied back
- Feel bring an apron or wear old clothes
Make Your Own Wedding Ring Workshops
What better way to ensure your wedding or commitment rings hold special meaning than to hand craft them yourselves in a fabulous full-day or half-day workshop held at our bright and...
We have gift vouchers available as a beautifully designed PDF that will be emailed directly to you. Vouchers can be redeemed for a jewellery workshop if you are on the Sunshine...
Our jewellery making parties are a unique and fun way to spend an afternoon. Perfect for corporate events, hens parties, birthday parties and groups of besties. These workshops run for 3...
Private Jewellery Tuition
Our private tuition is a popular option for students that prefer a one-on-one learning style. You can book a half day or a full day workshop. Learn to carve waxes for...