Thurs 14 & 21 Feb / Wax Carving & Casting
or make 4 interest-free payments of $112.50 AUD fortnightly with More info
Carving wax is a wonderful technique for creating jewellery. Rich textural surfaces and fluid, curving shapes can be created in wax material that can then be cast into a variety of metals to create a finished product.
In this class, students will have the opportunity to experiment with different types of wax and make wax models that will be cast in brass or silver by a commercial casting house.
Diamond, ruby, sapphire and most synthetic gems can be directly cast in place.
This is a two part class class as it takes just over a week for your pieces to be sent to our casting house and returned to us.
The second part of the workshop is about cleaning up the casting, exploring finishing techniques (brushed, textured, high polish etc).
This is a two part evening class and is held on Thursday 14 Feb then again on Thursday 21 Feb from 6-9pm on each evening.
What to bring:
- Your design concept / sketches / screen shots of your ideas etc
- Any gemstones you may want to use (synthetic cz's, sapphires, diamonds etc)
- We sell packets of synthetic gems to use in class if you don't have any of your own - packets range from $15-30 depending on quantity you require
- A casting fee will apply to your piece/s depending on the metal you use (brass, bronze, silver or gold)
- We will let you know how much it is once our casting house weighs your piece/s)
- The casting fee will need to be paid prior to your second class. Costs range from $20-250 per piece depending on metal). We will email you the cost along with our bank info.
We have gift vouchers available as a beautifully designed PDF that will be emailed directly to you. Vouchers can be redeemed for a jewellery workshop if you are on the Sunshine...
Sat 12 & Sun 13 Jan / Introduction to Jewellery Making Intensive
This course is for those interested in learning basic jewellery making skills. You will be introduced to key jewellery design concepts and the techniques for working in metal including piercing,...
Sat 19 Jan / Organic Objects in Metal Workshop
In this fabulous 3 hour workshop, we will learn to create shape templates out of metal sheet and then hammer, texture, roll print and forge the metal to create beautiful...
Sat 3 Feb / Spinner Ring Workshop
Learn how to make a sterling silver 'Spinner Ring' featuring a range of different textures and metals (brass and silver) as well as decorative elements such as flowers and love...