Sat 23 & Sun 24 May / Introduction to Jewellery Making (weekend intensive)
or make 4 interest-free payments of $225.00 AUD fortnightly with More info
This course is for those interested in learning basic jewellery making skills.
You will be introduced to key jewellery design concepts and the techniques for working in metal including piercing, sawing, filing, drilling, annealing, soldering, hammer and stamp texturing, bezel setting and polishing/finishing techniques.
You will walk away from this weekend course with a hand forged / metal stamped copper piece and a sterling silver ring set with a cabochon gemstone.
- Safety in the workshop
- Using studio tools (bench shears, rolling mill, hand tools, dapping & doming blocks etc)
- Using a jewellers saw & file
- Shaping metal using hammers, pliers and hands
- Texturing metal using hammers, stamps & punches
- Introduction to the hand held mini torches / Smith torch demonstration
- Soldering and appropriate solder choice
- Selecting your cabochon & creating a bezel
- Shaping up a bezel & soldering it
- Ring sizing (jewellery math)
- Shaping your ring
- Soldering your bezel to your backplate
- Soldering your ring to your backplate
- Setting your cabochon
- Polishing and finishing techniques
WHAT TO BRING
- Visual journal and pencil / any design ideas you may have
- A cabochon (we also have some available for purchase on the day)
- Please wear closed in shoes and have long hair tied back
- Please bring an apron or wear old clothes
- This class runs from 9.30am - 3pm on both days.
- Tea, coffee, biscuits, snacks and ham / salad wraps
Tues 12 May / Wax Carving & Casting 101
Carving wax is a wonderful technique for creating jewellery. Rich textural surfaces and fluid, curving shapes can be created in wax material that can then be cast into a variety...
Make Your Own Wedding Ring Workshops
What better way to ensure your wedding or commitment rings hold special meaning than to hand craft them yourselves in a fabulous full-day or half-day workshop held at our bright and...
Private Jewellery Tuition
Our private tuition is a popular option for students that prefer a one-on-one learning style. You can book a half day or a full day workshop. Learn to carve waxes for...
We have gift vouchers available as a beautifully designed PDF that will be emailed directly to you. Vouchers can be redeemed for a jewellery workshop if you are on the Sunshine...