Private Jewellery Tuition
or make 4 interest-free payments of $212.50 AUD fortnightly with More info
Our private tuition is a popular option for students that prefer a one-on-one learning style. You can book a half day or a full day workshop.
Learn to carve waxes for casting, focus on your soldering skills, learn to solder fiddly items such as jump rings, earring posts and claw settings.
Use a rolling mill to emboss patterns into silver, such as a leaf or create a specific piece of jewellery such as a bezel setting for an unusual shaped stone.
You can also focus on texturing metal and discovering different finishes and polishing techniques (this is something a lot of students have trouble with).
Some of the skills you can learn during private lessons are:
- Lost wax carving
- Navajo Style Rings
- Earring, bangle, ring or pendant making
- Chain Making
- Creating unusual findings for jewellery
- Embossing patterns into silver using a rolling mill
- Acid Etching
- Soldering techniques
- Gem setting techniques
- Bezel setting odd shaped crystals or gemstones
- Sand Casting
This workshop is to be held on a morning/afternoon that is negotiated a few weeks ahead of our class.
This workshop is to be held on a day that is negotiated a few weeks ahead of our class. It can be one whole day, or two half day sessions.
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- Unlimited tea, coffee and biscuits. For our full day class, we also provide a light lunch
- Expert tuition by an experienced jewellery teacher
- Practise metals such as copper and brass
WHAT METALS CAN I USE?
- Silver is available for purchase on the day if required
- Gold must be ordered from our metal merchants 2 weeks in advance (we will need to cost this out separately)
- We do not use platinum in our workshops
Please feel free to email Kim with any questions firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0415 836 311.
Tues 4 Feb / Wax Carving & Casting 101
Carving wax is a wonderful technique for creating jewellery. Rich textural surfaces and fluid, curving shapes can be created in wax material that can then be cast into a variety...
Sat 22 & Sun 23 Feb / Introduction to Jewellery Making (weekend intensive)
This fast paced weeekend workshop is for those interested in learning the fundamentals of silversmithing. You will be introduced to key jewellery design concepts and the techniques for working in...
Make Your Own Wedding Ring Workshops
What better way to ensure your wedding or commitment rings hold special meaning than to hand craft them yourselves in a fabulous full-day or half-day workshop held at our bright and...
We have gift vouchers available as a beautifully designed PDF that will be emailed directly to you. Vouchers can be redeemed for a jewellery workshop if you are on the Sunshine...