Sat 14 & Sun 15 Mar / Introduction to Jewellery Making (weekend intensive)
or make 4 interest-free payments of $198.75 AUD fortnightly with More info
This course is for those interested in learning basic jewellery making skills.
You will be introduced to key jewellery design concepts and the techniques for working in metal including piercing, sawing, filing, drilling, annealing, soldering, hammer and stamp texturing, bezel setting and polishing/finishing techniques.
You will walk away from this weekend course with a hand forged / metal stamped copper piece and a sterling silver ring set with a cabochon gemstone.
- Safety in the workshop
- Using studio tools (bench shears, rolling mill, hand tools, dapping & doming blocks etc)
- Using a jewellers saw & file
- Shaping metal using hammers, pliers and hands
- Texturing metal using hammers, stamps & punches
- Introduction to the hand held mini torches / Smith torch demonstration
- Soldering and appropriate solder choice
- Selecting your cabochon & creating a bezel
- Shaping up a bezel & soldering it
- Ring sizing (jewellery math)
- Shaping your ring
- Soldering your bezel to your backplate
- Soldering your ring to your backplate
- Setting your cabochon
- Polishing and finishing techniques
WHAT TO BRING
- Visual journal and pencil / any design ideas you may have
- A cabochon (we also have some available for purchase on the day)
- Please wear closed in shoes and have long hair tied back
- Please bring an apron or wear old clothes
- This class runs from 9.30am - 3pm on both days.
- Tea, coffee, biscuits, snacks and ham / salad wraps
Thu 12 Mar / Silver Bangle Workshop
Create your own made-to-measure sterling silver bangles in just one evening. Choose from half round, round or rectangular wire and embellish it with metal stamps or a hammered texture. No...
Make Your Own Wedding Ring Workshops
What better way to ensure your wedding or commitment rings hold special meaning than to hand craft them yourselves in a fabulous full-day or half-day workshop held at our bright and...
Tues 24 Mar / Wax Carving & Casting 101
Carving wax is a wonderful technique for creating jewellery. Rich textural surfaces and fluid, curving shapes can be created in wax material that can then be cast into a variety...
We have gift vouchers available as a beautifully designed PDF that will be emailed directly to you. Vouchers can be redeemed for a jewellery workshop if you are on the Sunshine...