Sat 22 & Sun 23 Feb / Introduction to Jewellery Making (weekend intensive)
or make 4 interest-free payments of $212.50 AUD fortnightly with More info
This fast paced weeekend workshop is for those interested in learning the fundamentals of silversmithing.
You will be introduced to key jewellery design concepts and the techniques for working in metal including saw piercing, filing, drilling, annealing, soldering, hammer/stamp texturing, bezel setting and polishing/finishing techniques.
You will walk away from this weekend course with a hand forged, textured copper leaf or feather and a sterling silver bezel set ring.
Jewellery Collective is the only school in Australia that offers this weekend intensive format and our class sizes are limited to 5 students.
All materials are included in the course fee.
- Safety in the workshop
- Using a jewellers saw & file
- Shaping metal using hammers, pliers and hands
- Texturing metal using hammers, stamps & punches
- Introduction to the Orca torch
- Soldering and appropriate solder choice
- Selecting your cabochon & creating a bezel
- Setting your cabochon
- Polishing and finishing techniques
WHAT TO BRING
- Visual journal and pencil / any design ideas you may have
- A postive attitude
- Any gemstones or cabochons or broken silver jewellery you may want to incorporate into your piece (time allowing)
- Please wear closed in shoes and have long hair tied back
- Please bring an apron or wear old clothes
- This class runs from 9.30am -3.30pm on both days.
- Tea, coffee, biscuits and wraps are provided on both days
- A cabochon gemstone, copper and sterling silver are included in the workshop fee
Tues 4 Feb / Wax Carving & Casting 101
Carving wax is a wonderful technique for creating jewellery. Rich textural surfaces and fluid, curving shapes can be created in wax material that can then be cast into a variety...
Make Your Own Wedding Ring Workshops
What better way to ensure your wedding or commitment rings hold special meaning than to hand craft them yourselves in a fabulous full-day or half-day workshop held at our bright and...
We have gift vouchers available as a beautifully designed PDF that will be emailed directly to you. Vouchers can be redeemed for a jewellery workshop if you are on the Sunshine...
Our jewellery making parties are a unique and fun way to spend an afternoon. Perfect for corporate events, hens parties, birthday parties and groups of besties. These workshops run for 3...