Tues 30 Oct / Introduction to Jewellery Making (4 weeks)
or make 4 interest-free payments of $173.75 AUD fortnightly with More info
This beginners workshop will introduce you to key jewellery design concepts and the techniques for working in metal including piercing, sawing, filing, drilling, annealing, soldering and polishing.
You will walk away from this course with a hammered feather or leaf (incorporating metal stamping techniques), a plain or hammered sterling silver ring (where we practise our jewellery math and soldering techniques) as well as a silver ring set with a cabochon gemstone.
This workshop runs from 6pm-9pm every Tuesday evening.
- Safety in the workshop
- Using studio tools (bench shears, rolling mill, hand tools, dapping & doming blocks etc)
- Using a jewellers saw & file
- Shaping metal using hammers, pliers and hands
- Texturing metal using hammers, stamps & punches
- Introduction to the hand held mini torches / Smith torch demonstration
- Soldering and appropriate solder choice
- Selecting your cabochon & creating a bezel
- Shaping up a bezel & soldering it ready for next week’s lesson
- Ring sizing (jewellery math)
- Shaping your ring
- Soldering your bezel to your backplate
- Soldering your ring to your backplate
- Setting your cabochon
- Polishing and finishing techniques
WHAT TO BRING
- Visual journal and pencil / any design ideas you may have
- A cabochon (we also have some available for purchase on the day)
- Please wear closed in shoes and have long hair tied back
- Feel bring an apron or wear old clothes
This workshop does not include cabochon gemstones - these can be purchased from us. The cost ranges from $20-50 depending on what stone and how much silver you will be using.
Thurs 25 Oct / Spinner Ring Workshop
Learn how to make a sterling silver 'Spinner Ring' featuring a range of different textures and metals (brass and silver) as well as decorative elements such as flowers and love...
Sat 3 Nov / Faceted Gemstone Stacking Rings
This half day workshop is ideal for students that have completed our 'Introduction to Jewellery Making' Course. In this workshop, we will show you how to create a 'step bezel'...
Thurs 15 Nov / Etched Jewellery Workshop
In this fun evening workshop, we learn to etch photos and patterns onto copper and silver using a simple technique. Etching is used to create a rich surface decoration on...
Sat 17 & Sun 18 Nov / Introduction to Jewellery Making Intensive
This course is for those interested in learning basic jewellery making skills. You will be introduced to key jewellery design concepts and the techniques for working in metal including piercing,...